Monday, April 26, 2010

Birding in Ipoh

Besides that, I also spotted an adult Tiger Shrike at Bercham in Ipoh, after I came back from Cameron Highlands. I had seen the juveniles in many locations, but this was my first encounter with the adult Tiger Shrike, probably the last month for the shrike to stay before migrate back to the north. CLICK HERE to learn more about Shrikes.
out of focus

Here are other birds that I spotted and digiscoped during my stop at Ipoh:

Black-tighed Falconet, one of the world's smallest raptors.

Rufous Woodpecker. CLICK HERE to see my other Woodpecker pictures.
Rufous Woodpecker eating ants using its tonge. Click on the picture to enlarge.

Pied Fantail:
Pied Fantail preening its feathers:
Common Iora:
weird action performed by the Iora:

Paddyfield Pipit, just outside Aerden's house.

Happy birding and digiscoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment