Tuesday, July 17, 2012

White-browed Bush Robin, My Lifer.

Taiwan has three recorded species of Bush-Robin, the endemic species of Collared Bush-Robin, sub-endemic species of White-browed Bush-Robin, and the migrant species of Orange-flanked Bush-Robin. All these three species of Bush-Robin are the montane bird, they have the same physical size and almost similar plumage, especially the female.

White-browed Bush Robin (Tarsiger indicus formosanus, 白眉林鴝) is one of the three lifers I sighted and the only lifer I managed to digiscope in my birding trip in Dasyueshan on last Saturday. 

Male
Female

Collared Bush-Robin (Tarsiger johnstoniae, 栗背林鴝), which I sighted in 2009 in Alishan National Forest Recreation Park. I would like to share again in this blog for the purpose of species comparison.

Male
Female

and besides the bird, Montane Wild Lily is also one of my lifers, haha...



Hope this blog provides sufficient information to differentiate both endemic and sub-endemic species of Bush-robin in Taiwan. Happy Birding.

5 comments:

  1. Lifers are always great to have. Find more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. More birds for me to look out for the next time I go to Taiwan. The comparison is very helpful. You are very right about the plumage. They looked so similar, especially the female. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images BoonEu. So glad you are enjoying birding in Taiwan. Make the most of it while you are there buddy!

    All best, all wild


    Daisy O'Neill
    Avian Writer
    www.besgroup.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, thanks for your comments, glad to know you like the blog. all the best and more lifers.

    ReplyDelete